Horton 250 Mobile Generator – 182 kW / 228 kV / 548 Amps at 240 V / 44 Hours
The DAE Pumps Horton 250 mobile generators are the industry’s most robust generators. The Horton 250 mobile generators are essential tools for worksites with moving equipment and operations with multiple projects and locations, offering a full range of powers. The Horton 250 provides 182 kW / 228 kVA of power with 44 hours of continuous runtime and a large diesel tank so your crew can work without downtime.
The DAE Pumps Horton mobile generators are the industry’s leading diesel generators for supplying uninterrupted power with exceptional performance for any electrical power need. Reliable and durable Horton 250 power generators are tested and engineered for long-life performance. These industry best mobile power generators cover all types of power needs from construction and mining sites, to power plants, events, and critical segments.
Horton 250 industrial power generators are packed with features that make operating, transporting, and maintaining as easy as possible. These generators consist of an alternator, diesel engine, cooling system, electrical distribution, and control systems – all enclosed within a sound attenuated enclosure fabricated from powder-coated galvanized steel. Take them wherever you need to go for mobile and portable access to power.
The Horton 250 is part of the Horton Series Generators which offer a variety of sizes, power, configurations, and more to match your needs.
Horton 200 Mobile Generator
- Double Runtime: Over 40 hours of fuel tank capacity provides longer runtime between fill ups and optimum site autonomy.
- Corrosion Resistant Canopy: 1000-hour salt test.
- Quick Power Stability: Reach stable power in less than 6-seconds.
- Dual Stage Filtration: Dust separation system and heavy-duty filtration system prolongs the life of your generator.
- Safe and Easy Movement: Adaptable to whatever your jobsite demand.
- Easy Access and Service: Large doors provide easy access.
- Integrated Door Sealing System: Provided watertight and soundproof seal.
- Multi-Voltage Switch: Modify voltage output in seconds.
- Easy-fill System: Exterior simple fill system for fuel and DEF.
Rated Prime Power 3Ø – 182 kW / 228 kVA
Rated Standby Power 3Ø – 201 kW / 251 kVA
Amp Capacity @ 480V – 274 Amps
Amp Capacity @ 240V – 548 Amps
Amp Capacity @ 208V – 608 Amps
Amp Capacity @ 240V – 549 Amps
Amp Capacity @ 120V – 549 x 2 Amps
Runtime – 44 Hours
2 x NEMA 5-20R &
2 x 125/250V 50A
Power Distribution – Terminal Board 5 Wire
John Deere Interim Tier 4, turbo charged, intercooled, six-cylinder, liquid-cooled diesel engine provides ample power to operate
the generator continuously at full-load. It meets all US EPA, CARB and Environment Canada exhaust legislations with interim Tier 4 compliance. The engine utilizes a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) to meet interim Tier 4 emissions. All functionality of the engine is controlled automatically on the DeepSea 7310 controller.
The engine has the capability to start the generator at 14°F (-10°C) with standard glow-plug aid. Cold start options are available for machine
starting for down to -13°F (-25°C). Comes standard with 120V immersion block heater. The 450 Gal (1703L) fuel tank is sufficiently sized to operate the unit at full-load condition for long run times. John Deere Interim Tier 4 engine operates on a 24V negative ground electrical system with a 100A charging alternator and lockable battery cutoff switch. The cooling system is suitably designed for continuous operation in ambient conditions up to 122°F (50°C), with canopy door closed.
The main power is connected from the alternator through a 4-position voltage selector switch to the main power cubicle. The cubicle incorporates all power distribution, controls, sensing and protection devices.
- 4-position Voltage Selector Switch(VSS)
- Current transformer x 3 (1 each leg)
- Single main breaker w/shunt trip
- Individual breakers for each receptacle
- Convenience receptacles located on outside of unit for easy access
- Terminal board for hard wiring
- Cam-Lock external quick connect (available as option)
- External emergency stop switch (recessed)
- Neutral bonded to Ground with a removable bonding link accessible in the control cubicle.
DAE Pumps Horton 250 power generators use alternators built for heavy-duty continuous application with marine winding protection. We use Leroy Somer alternators with AREP excitation systems for superior starting capabilities. The AREP system uses two independent auxiliary windings located in the main stator to send supply voltage to the AVR.
The Horton 250 control system uses a fully diagnostic DeepSea 7310 ECU controller with a large 3-inch display, that is intuitive and easy to operate with all functions conveniently at your fingertips. The controller manages the engine ECU operating system and several safety warnings and shutdowns on various parameters.
- Complete user-friendly configuration and easy-to-use high-level system control & monitoring
- Clear accurate power measurement information
- Protects generator against overload
- CAN & alternator speed sensing
- 3-phase generator sensing
- Large backlit display
Factory Options Available (extra)
- Dual axle trailer with hydraulic or electric brake package
- Heavy duty skid with forklift pockets
- Trailer stabilizer jacks
- Trailer mounted tool box
- Trailer spare tire
- Battery charger (24V)
- Battery isolation switch (lockable)
- Cam-Lok quick connections (10 x 400A)
- External fuel quick connects (3 way valve, located inside of enclosure for spill containment and protection)
- CSA approval
- MVT (Multi-Voltage Technology) 600V option
Horton 250 Mobile Generator