Pumping Applications in the Dredge IndustryLearn about the various pumping applications within the dredging industry and how DAE Pumps can help solve challenges of the industry. Browse our Dredge Selection
Pumping Applications in the Dredge Industry
Dredge pump or slurry pump selection could be a challenging process which could be simplified with the understanding of the primary factors behind smooth pump operation. Apart from delivering a more efficient performance, our dredge pumps offer dependability, keeping the pump running for longer with as little downtime as possible.
Common Dredging Applications
- Beach Restoration
- Coastal Protection
- Ecosystem Restoration
- Fly Ash Dredging
- Lake Dredging
- Land Reclamation
- Marina Dredging
- Mining Dredge
- Navigation Dredging
- Port and Harbor Dredging
- Reservoir Dredging
- River Dredging
- Sand & Gravel Dredging
- Mine Tailings Dredging
Environmental dredging generally refers to dredging or removing contaminated materials from specific areas. Environmental dredges are built to be as precise as possible with low turbidity to prevent disruption of the surrounding aquatic environment and keep the contaminated material from resuspension, allowing them to spread over a wider area. Environmental dredges are typically equipped with video cameras, GPS, and/or sonar monitoring instruments to oversee the dredging. This allows the process to be much more controlled over navigational or construction dredging, ensuring the contaminated material is captured as safely as possible.
Our Dredge Pump Benefits
- Provides an environmentally superior dredging method to meet strict water quality standards.
- Very little turbidity or re-suspension of sediments at the suction head.
- Capable of high production rates. Comparable to much larger conventional suction dredges.
- Capable of passing large volumes of woody debris and other foreign material in sediments without clogging.
- High slurry density minimizes the volume of effluent to be treated and disposed of upland deposition of sediments.
- The capability of the technology to pump dense slurries long distances provides a pipeline alternative for transporting sediment to distant disposal sites.
- Following solution of initial start-up problems, the prototype dredge proved capable of sustained reliable operation.
- The discharge of sediment slurry into the water column resulted in low levels of turbidity and TSS, well within the limits of stringent water quality standards, without the use of a sediment containment curtain.
Need Help Selecting a Dredge?
If you need help selecting the most efficient dredge pump for your project, call us at (760) 821-8112.
Get in Touch
- DAE Pumps Growler 5000 is ideal for removal of sediment, contaminants, tailing and cleaning to provide for safer navigation, reformation of shorelines and seafloor and other use at: