Hydraulic Power Units | HPUs
The DAE Pumps Hydraulic Power Units, HPUs, provide high-quality power for all hydraulic tools and facilities. Available in a variety of sizes ranging from 25 HP to 500 HP, with up to 4000 PSI, DAE Pumps offers diesel and electric hydraulic power units. Our portable hydraulic power packs are the right size for all your applications. Compact and lightweight, these power packs can go with you anywhere and trailer units are DOT certified for highway towing to bring with you more power for those heavy-duty jobs.
DAE Pumps HPUs provide the necessary power for all our hydraulic submersible slurry pumps and the Growler series of hydraulic excavator mounted dredge pumps and cable-deployed dredge pumps. They are the true workhorse behind these pumps. These hydraulic power systems include high quality and carefully designed safety, environmental, and maintenance features. There is no diesel particulate filter (DPF), eliminating tremendous maintenance headaches caused by active regeneration used by other engine manufacturers.
See all our models for the hydraulic power unit that is right for you!
Power Your Tools
Diesel Hydraulic Power Units
The DAE Pumps diesel powered hydraulic power units are available in 25, 38, 49, 74, 127, 154, 176, and 500 horsepower, with more being designed. These HPUs provide up to 4000 PSI of pressure with a hydraulic flow up to 95 GPM and tank up to 130 gallons. The diesel engine’s tank can also hold up to 130 gallons.
Electric Hydraulic Power Units
DAE Pumps electric hydraulic power units are available in 30, 40, 75, and 150 HP. They provide up to 4000 PSI of pressure to power all your tools and facilities. With 3-phase power at 230 / 480 V, these electric HPUs offer hydraulic flow up to 95 GPM and tank up to 80 gallons. You never need to worry about stopping.
- Electric start with battery & weather safe battery box
- 500 Hours of Service, no DPF, no regen interval
- Air inlet emergency shutdown valve
- Double fuel and hydraulic filtration
- Engine safety shutdown package
- Engine monitoring System
- LOFA or Murphy engine monitoring system
- Guaranteed CARB Compliant—No DPF, No Active Regen
- Tier 4 Certified – John Deere, Isuzu, Deutz, JCB engines
- EPA rated engine with rubber engine shock points
- Low level hydraulic fluid shutdown
- Emergency engine over speed shutdown
- Flame arrestor exhaust with heat shield
- Easy to read safety and operation labeling
- Safety transport ‘O’ ring binders
- Variable pressure hydraulic relief valve
- Custom radiator grill guard & overhead grating
- Center point eye pad lift
- Low point drain plugs & tank isolation valves
- Hydraulic oil level & temperature indicators
- 5000 PSI Screw together 1″ supply & return fittings
- 5000 PSI hydraulic gauges
- Spill-free oil & fuel containment
- High Capacity Hydraulic Cooling System
- Hydraulic oil filter with spin on cartridge
- Dripless flush face hydraulic couplings
- High capacity hydraulic heat exchanger
- Low level hydraulic fluid shutdown
- Best in class 12 volt dual fan hydraulic cooling unit
- Multiple hydraulic circuits & upgraded control valves
- Single or twin circuit variable flow hydraulic controls
- Hydraulic tank low level shutdown
- AW-32 or AW-46 Oil
- Fully custom hydraulic circuits, pressures & flow
- Load Sensing or pressure compensating hydraulics
- Electric, air or hydraulic start
- 4” x 10” box tube skid rails & 10” forklift boots
- Increased capacity hydraulic cooler options
- Removable tanks with oversized clean out ports
- Low point drain plugs
- Fully boxed frame tubing for added protection
- Epoxy or powder coated frames available
- Variable hydraulic pressure and flow control
Applications of Hydraulic Power Packs
The main driving components of hydraulic systems are Hydraulic Power Units. HPUs consist primarily of a motor, a reservoir, and a hydraulic pump. These systems generate a tremendous amount of power to drive almost any kind of hydraulic ram.
Hydraulic Power Units are used in a wide range of applications, including:
Hydraulic Power Units can be used in any application requiring heavy lifting with repeated use of powerful and directional force. HPUs are used in everyday activities at a construction site in heavy construction machines, like excavators, bulldozers, and skid steers. A Hydraulic Power System is used by auto mechanics to lift cars, farmers for harvesting crops, emergency workers at auto accidents, fisherman to list nets and post, garbage trucks to lift trash, car brake systems, amusement park rides, and many more uses. A hydraulic power unit is virtually everywhere you go nowadays.
Contact Sales or Engineering
Call (760) 821-8112 or submit a request.
How To Choose A Hydraulic Power Unit
At DAE Pumps we try to make it as easy as possible for selecting a Hydraulic Power Unit for your equipment needs. Our HPUs are listed by horsepower with their hydraulic flow and hydraulic pressure.
(Hydraulic Flow x Hydraulic Pressure) / 1714
Efficiency is 85%
Add other power requirements for alternator, fan, and cooling circuits to figure out the rated horsepower.
Advantages of Hydraulic Power
The advantages of a hydraulic power system include the large amounts of power it can generate and the ease and accuracy by which they are controlled. Hydraulic power units can use fewer moving parts than some mechanical and electrical systems. They also provide constant force and torque. Only a fluid power system is capable of providing constant force or torque despite and change in speed. A Hydraulic systems is capable of providing greater force and moving heavier loads than pneumatics:
- Hydraulic systems are easy to control and accurate. The operator can easily start, stop, accelerate and slow down the system by using simple levers and push buttons.
- Hydraulic systems use fewer moving parts making them simpler and easier to maintain.
- Regardless of speed changes, hydraulic systems can deliver constant torque or force.
- Very Easy to spot leakages of a hydraulic system.
- Centralized lubrication systems on hydraulic systems automatically lubricate and protect the right points.
- A large amount of power can be transmitted using small flexible hoses and tubes.
- These systems are safe to use in chemical plants and mines because they do not cause sparks.
- Hydraulic systems have the ability to maintain their viscosity of airworthiness, density, and the temperature of the fluid in a very hot environment.
- Transmit hydraulics through flexible, varying lines.
- The amount of force on the driving system can be adjusted with force multiplication.
- Hydraulic components allow micrometric speed variations.
- Minimize noises.
- Easy to repair major machine parts like direction control valves, gear pumps, Hydraulic Rams, and motors.
Get in Touch
Diver Opearted Dredge Pump
- DAE Pumps Growler 5000 is ideal for removal of sediment, contaminants, tailing and cleaning to provide for safer navigation, reformation of shorelines and seafloor and other use at: