UFM100 Doppler Ultrasonic Flow Meters
DAE Pumps UFM100 Doppler Ultrasonic Flow Meters provides highly accurate reading of the slurry flow through the dredge hoses. The ultrasonic flow meter is suitable for monitoring sewage, mud, sludge, and a variety of abrasive solids. The clamp-on, non-intrusive transducers work well on most pipes and hoses constructed from metal or plastic. The DAE Pumps UFM100 software automatically adjusts filtering parameters and gain settings, ensuring reliable readings over a wide range of liquid and reflector conditions.
The DAE Pumps UFM100 doppler ultrasonic flow meter is housed in a NEMA 4X (IP-66) enclosure and is configured by the user via the front panel keypad. A two-line backlit LCDs rate and accumulated flow values in user-selected measuring units. Power supply options available to the DAE Pumps UFM100 doppler ultrasonic flow meter include AC or DC operation, and output options include 4-20mA, rate pulse, and dual relay.
Two transducer types are available with the DAE Pumps UFM100 doppler ultrasonic flow meter. The transducer is rated to NEMA 6P (IP-68) and can work with temperatures up to 400°F (200°C). The hot-tappable insertion probe transducer is available for installations on pipe systems that do not permit ultrasound penetration. The transducers insert into the pipe wall and directly contact the flowing liquid.
Both transducer types can be set-up 990 feet (300 meters) from the UFM100 display enclosure utilizing RG59 coaxial cable. The DAE Pumps UFM100 doppler ultrasonic flow meter includes one set of wall mount brackets and one installation manual.
8220-S Submersible Slurry Pumps
- Minimal installation time: the UFM100 may be installed and fully operational within minutes. For most homogeneous pipe materials, there is no need to break into pipelines.
- Minimal material costs: clamp-on sensor eliminates the need for in-line flanges, pipe fittings, strainers, or filters.
- Reduced downtime: installation may be performed on full pipes and active systems. There is no need to shut down the process for installation or maintenance.
- Lower maintenance costs: with no moving parts, there is nothing on the UFM100 to wear down.
- Non-intrusive, clamp-on transducers for most pipes from ¼” (6 mm) and above
- Wide measuring range: 0.15 to 30 FPS (0.05 to 9 MPS)
- Microprocessor-based system; configuration and accumulation data stored in non-volatile flash ROM
- Accuracy: ±2% full scale, over calibrated span
- Display: 2 line x 8 character LCD; LED backlighting
- Response Time: User selectable, 6-60 seconds
- This unit can also be connected wirelessly to the flow meter to pass data to multiple locations simultaneously
- Flow meter data screen showing real-time flow rates
How the Ultrasonic Flow Meter Works
The DAE Pumps UFM100 flow meter operates by transmitting ultrasonic sound from its transmitting transducer through the pipe wall into the flowing liquid. Each transducer contains piezoelectric crystals for transmitting the signal. The sound reflected by sonic reflectors suspended within the liquid and recorded by the receiving transducer. If the reflectors are moving within the sound transmission path, sound waves get reflected at a frequency shifted (Doppler shift) from the transmitted frequency. The difference between the reflected frequencies and transmitted frequencies is directly proportional to the speed of the sonic reflectors, resulting in a liquid flow rate that is converted to various user-defined measuring units.
The UFM100 ultrasonic flow meter works ideally on the DAE Pumps slurry hoses for dredging and pumping. Slurry hoses provide the safe and efficient transferring of sludge, slurry, abrasive solids, and corrosive material. DAE Pumps slurry hoses are the best on the market at handling the most abrasive slurry. We offer 4-inch, 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch hoses at lengths of up to 10 meters (33 feet).
Contact Us Today
Please contact our sales team for product questions or if you need help selecting the best dredge or pump system for your application.