UFM1000 Doppler Ultrasonic Flow Meters
UFM1000 Doppler Ultrasonic Flow Meters
DAE Pumps UFM1000 Doppler Ultrasonic Flow Meters provide a highly accurate reading of the slurry flow through the dredge hoses. The ultrasonic flow meter is suitable for monitoring sewage, mud, sludge, and a variety of abrasive solids. A clamp-on, non-intrusive transducers work well on most pipes and hoses constructed from metal or plastic. The DAE Pumps UFM1000 software automatically adjusts filtering parameters and gain settings, ensuring reliable readings over a wide range of liquid and reflector conditions. This flow meter reads any pipe inner diameter from 0.5-in to 15-ft.
UFM1000 is a completely portable package for use in a remote location. This wireless flow meter system consists of the DFM 6.1 with transducer, reader, monitor, and battery pack on a dolly. The DAE Pumps UFM1000 doppler ultrasonic flow meter is housed in a NEMA 4X (IP-66) enclosure and is configured by the user via the front panel keypad. White, backlit matrix displays flow rate, relay states, 16-digit totalizer, operating mode, and calibration menu. Power supply options available to the DAE Pumps UFM1000 doppler ultrasonic flow meter include AC or DC s, and output options include 4-20mA, rate pulse, and dual relay.
The transducer is an SE4 single-head stainless steel ultrasonic with 7.6 m (25 ft) shielded cable and designed to withstand accidental submersion to 10 psi. The transducer is rated to NEMA 6P (IP-68) and can work with temperatures up to 300°F (150°C).
UFM1000 Doppler Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Minimal installation time: the UFM1000 may be installed and fully operational within minutes. For most homogeneous pipe materials, there is no need to break into pipelines.
- Minimal material costs: clamp-on sensor eliminates the need for in-line flanges, pipe fittings, strainers, or filters.
- Reduced downtime: installation may be performed on full pipes and active systems. There is no need to shut down the process for installation or maintenance.
- Lower maintenance costs: with no moving parts, there is nothing on the UFM1000 to wear down.
- Non-intrusive, clamp-on transducers for most pipes from ¼” (6 mm) and above
- Wide measuring range: 0.15 to 30 FPS (0.05 to 9 MPS)
- Microprocessor-based system; configuration and accumulation data stored in non-volatile flash ROM
- Accuracy: ±2% full scale, over calibration span
- Response Time: User selectable, 6-60 seconds
- This unit connects wirelessly to the flow meter to pass data
- Flowmeter data screen showing real-time flow rates
How the Ultrasonic Flow Meter Works
The DAE Pumps UFM1000 flow meter operates by transmitting ultrasonic sound from its transmitting transducer through the pipe wall into the flowing liquid. Each transducer contains piezoelectric crystals for transmitting the signal. The sound reflects by sonic reflectors suspended within the liquid and recorded by the receiving transducer. If the reflectors are moving within the sound transmission path, sound waves get reflected at a frequency shifted (Doppler shift) from the transmitted frequency. The difference between the reflected frequencies and transmitted frequencies is directly proportional to the speed of the sonic reflectors, resulting in a liquid flow rate that is converted to various user-defined measuring units.
The UFM1000 ultrasonic flow meter works ideally on the DAE Pumps slurry hoses for dredging and pumping. Slurry hoses provide the safe and efficient transferring of sludge, slurry, abrasive solids, and corrosive material. DAE Pumps slurry hoses are the best on the market at handling the most abrasive slurry. We offer 4-inch, 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch hoses at lengths of up to 10 meters (33 feet).
Contact Us Today
Please contact our sales team for product questions or if you need help selecting the best dredge or pump system for your application.